Please consider subscribing to my blog by email. Each new post will arrive in your inbox…and you won’t miss a single recipe. Just add your email to the box under the Subscribe By Mail in the right hand column and click subscribe. Easy as pie!!! THANKS!
Who could resist these quadruple chocolate gems???! Cocoa powder, semisweet chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate chips AND milk chocolate chips are what make these into Death by Chocolate Cookies. When my sweet friend, Danielle posted these on her facebook page, I zipped right over to her blog for the details. My mixing bowl was out within seconds! Danielle and I both love to bake so for the past few months, we have been sharing recipes from each other’s blogs. This was a no-brainer…my February post was set.
The hubby thought these were magnificent…after 25+ years, I know the way to his heart…and there is a LOT of it in this recipe. He wasn’t thrilled, though, when he saw me packing them up for the freezer. This was part of the 75 servings of chocolate dessert that I planned to bring to a big bash at the Decorators’ Show House….the volunteer gig that’s been taking up my free time of late. I promised him there would be leftovers and that I’d confiscate them the second the party was finished. That seemed to pacify him.
- Adapted from Cook's Illustrated
- 1 cup plus1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the sugars.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Add the chocolate and beat until combined. Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt) and mix on low speed until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 2-3 dozen depending on size of your cookies.