It starts off as one day a week and soon becomes a way of life… that is how it all began. #SundaySupper inspired families to spent time Around the Family Table and once they saw the rewards, they wanted to spend more time cooking, eating and conversing together.
We are excited to kick-off Weekday Supper Recipes full of inspiration. A full month of fabulous easy recipes every night of the week from our talented #SundaySupper contributors.
This week’s Weekday Supper Recipes:
Monday| Chicken Broccoli Casserole by In the Kitchen with Audrey
Tuesday| Bubble Up Pizza by Supper for a Steal
Wednesday| Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Thursday| Shrimp Fra Diavolo by Magnolia Day
Friday| Baked Chicken by Galactosemia in PDX
If you would like more information or have suggestions for #SundaySupper or #WeekdaySupper, head on over to www.sundaysuppermovement.com. Our Weekday Supper Recipes can also be found on our #WeekdaySupper Pinterest Board.
- Adapted from The Food Network
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 heads broccoli, florets only
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Marinate the chicken with half the garlic and ginger, the soy sauce, sugar, 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, 1 teaspoon salt, sherry and sesame oil for approximately 15 minutes. Mix the rest of the cornstarch in 1/3 cup water.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add one tablespoon of the oil, then add broccoli and stir fry for about a minute. Add the remaining ginger, garlic, 2 tablespoons of water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir fry for about 2 more minutes...broccoli should remain bright green. Remove to plate.
- Reheat pan and all the remaining oil. Stir fry chicken with red pepper flakes till chicken is lightly browned on both sides, about 3 minutes. Add oyster sauce, then return broccoli to pan. Stir in remaining cornstarch and cook till thickens. Add water if sauce is too thick.
- Serve with rice.