- 14 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup white chocolate M and M's (or favorite flavor), plus more to garnish
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Melt 10 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat till melted. Continue cooking a couple more minutes till butter is golden brown with a nutty fragrance. Pour into heatproof bowl, and add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Stir till melted.
- Add sugars, then vanilla. Mix in egg and egg yolk. Add baking soda, then flour and mix till just combined. Add M and M's and chocolate chunks.
- Use 4 tablespoon (1/4 cup) scoop to make dough balls. Place about 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 10-14 minutes or till cookies are golden. Press a few extra M and M's into warm cookies to garnish. Cool on rack.
And more gratefulness for some lovely blog awards that arrived while I was on holiday…please check out all their excellent blogs:
Allison, a fellow Dorista and all around sweetheart, of The French Whisk, presented me with The Versatile Blogger Award as did sweet Heidi of Young Grasshopper. Thank you, both!!!
My talented friend, Sophie, of The German Foodie, passed along the Kreativ Blogger Award~