Brownies topped with cookie dough and glazed with ganache…who could resist that combo???? I sampled quite of bit of the egg free cookie dough before layering it on top of the brownies…a weakness of mine…eating more dough than cookies. It was yummy….but being a former nurse, with a paranoia when it comes to salmonella, I never let my kids indulge in my vice. I was afraid they might not enjoy the slight granular texture of the sugars in the uncooked dough layer, but, in fact, all 3 guys liked them…hubby most of all. Brownie points for me…and for this new recipe.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 325º. Grease 9 x 13 pan and line with parchment paper lengthwise with a slight overhang on each side. Grease parchment. Set aside.
- Make brownie layer. Melt chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments, stirring until melted and smooth. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar till well mixed. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in melted chocolate. Stir in flour; don't over mix. Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25-35 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- Make cookie dough. With an electric mixer combine butter and both sugars. Mix in milk and vanilla; stir in flour. Add chocolate chips and mix to combine. Spread over cooled brownie layer. Cool till firm (can freeze to hurry along process).
- Make ganache. Melt remaining chocolate and cream together in microwave, stopping at 30 second intervals to stir till smooth and chocolate is melted. Spread over dough layer. Chill for easier cutting. You may pull the whole batch out with the parchment to cut or just cut pieces from pan.
- Yield: 32 brownies
- Total time: 2 hours will cooling time